HOME STAGING TIPS THAT WON'T BREAK THE BANK 💰
I know I talk about staging a lot, and if you're about to sell, you might be thinking, "this sounds expensive." If I think we need to bring in a professional stager, I will tell you honestly. But, most of the time, staging costs very little (if anything!).
Here are a few of my favorite "on the fly" staging tips:
- Play up the brightness of your home by opening all of the window shades, turning on every lamp, and replacing any dim lights with 100-watt bulbs.
- Bring your furniture off the walls -- this is a trick to make rooms look bigger and more spacious, even if it's just a few feet.
- Create mini "vignettes" throughout your home and stage end tables, nightstands, or empty surfaces with plants, fresh flowers, frames, and other decorative accents.
- Freshen up baseboards, moldings, and trim with white paint.
- Set the dinner table as though you were about to have a dinner party. It can help buyers easily imagine their gatherings around the table.
Pro tip: since we're all staying home more, I highly recommend trying some of these tips even if you aren't selling! Fresh flowers go a long way in brightening up a room and your mood!